HOT & COLD THERAPY PACK
Woof Wear’s new Hot & Cold Therapy Packs provide a well-fitting, functional, equine specific aid to cool legs after fast and arduous exercise.
Unlike other gel packs, these remain flexible, even when frozen, allowing for a perfect fit into the Ice Therapy Boots.
In addition, the gel packs can also be warmed up to provide heat therapy if required.
Each pack contains two packs.
For cold use – Haematomas, sprains, injuries, high temperature and whenever cold application is required.
- Place pack in a bucket of cold water.
- Remove and place pack in mesh liner of boot and apply.
- Store in a freezer for at least 1h30 – 2hrs before use. Gel is designed to be frozen in a domestic freezer which is generally set at -3°C.
- Insert into boot and apply to affected area – straight from freezer. Pack will remain ice cold for approximately 30 minutes, depending on nature of injury and outside temperature.
For warm use – Stiffness, rheumatism and whenever hot application is required.
- Place pack in boiling water for no more than 5 minutes.
- Remove and insert pack into boot and apply.
- Place pack in microwave for a maximum of 1 minute at 600 watts.
- Insert into boot and apply.
Caution! – When pack is at desired temperature, never apply directly to skin. If discomfort is shown remove for a few moments then re-apply. Do not break the bag or use if torn or punctured. External use only.